Press for Babies Don’t Make Small Talk So Why Should I?
Reviews and Awards
- Publisher’s Weekly Review
- Winner of the “Best Title” category in the Zibby Awards, 2022
- Finalist in the nonfiction category of the Colorado Authors League Awards, 2022
Book Lists and Mentions
- “Four New Parenting Books I’m Excited About” on Melinda Wenner Moyer’s newsletter Is My Kid the Asshole?
- Highiglighted in the “What to Read If” newsletter in a recommendation from Andromeda Romano Lax.
- “Unconventional Books for Unconventional Moms” on Beijing Kids
- “9 Parenting Books That Make Great Gifts” on Imagination Soup
Podcasts, Interviews, and Articles
- Interview with Sarah Garfinkel about humor writing and my book on Brevity Magazine’s blog
- Interview about introverted parenting with Psychology Today.
- Interview with the Evil Witches newsletter about being a funny mom.
- Interview about humor writing and my book with the parenting humor website Frazzled
- Interview about my book with the Think of the Children newsletter
- Virtual in conversation event about parenting humor books with Shannon Carpenter hosted by Old Firehouse Books
- Interview about humor writing with Alligator Pitch
Articles quoted in
- Self with tips for introverted parents.
- Care.com about Mom Jokes and Dad jokes.
- Yahoo Parenting about whether parenting makes you more introverted.
Humor writing mentions and press
- Erma Bombeck named me humor writer of the month in August 2021
- My tweet about Kate Middleton looking much better than me after giving birth appeared in the TK issue of InTouchWeekly as well as several online roundups at places like Daily Dot and Distractify.
- My funny tweets have appeared in roundups and on social media in HuffPost, BuzzFeed, Scary Mommy and Parents.
- My humor pieces have been highlighted in Cup of Jo.
Babies Don't Make Small Talk (So Why Should I?)
The Introvert's Guide to Surviving Parenthood
A baby can be a good excuse to skip a party, but . . . goodbye alone time, hello awkward new social obligations.
My humorous advice book for introverted parents is now available. A combination of personal stories, satirical quizzes and charts, and some actual advice, this book will help introverted parents navigate the period from pregnancy through preschool. Publishers Weekly said, “This will be an invaluable resource for introverts about to become parents, though anyone with kids will appreciate Vick’s perspective on the absurdity of parenthood.”